Thursday, October 18, 2012

A sudden realization

Forgive me for I have sinned.

Staring at the valley of death.

Longing for a brutal eternity.

I really don't know what those line mean.

So I was having a quick run about the campus, and suddenly I stopped running. It was nearing Maghrib prayers and the sun was quickly setting behind those puffy blue clouds. For the first time in my actual life as a student, I stopped and took everything in. To be honest, I've never tried to appreciate anything in my life. What I knew, was it was just already there. Sitting by the bedside, staring at me every single day. But never once had I appreciated the serenity of this beauty.

It quickly reminded me of the Robert Frost poem "The Road not Taken".

"Two roads diverged into a yellow road,
and sorry I could not travel both...."

Had I been running too fast that I could not see the other yellow road? Did I get the chance to feel sorry that I couldn't choose which road to follow? And is this the best road that I have chosen?

I suddenly realized, I'm about to end my tenure as a student here. I will become a legitimate adult soon. Have all my dreams came true? Is it too late for me to achieve something more here?

......or should I just stop, and appreciate whats in front of me right now. And hold on for dear life, until I have to let go.

What's with all these questions?

PS: This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong.

No comments: